Monday, June 25, 2012

Last 3 days In Jesus

Not too much went on this weekend. I went camping with a friend and didn't step out too much.

In case anyone is wondering, I am keeping this blog updated mostly to have a personal record of what God is doing in and through me. It will give me a way to look back on the past and maybe it will also encourage others to love and trust God more, to step out and love others more, and to see Him do wonderful things in and through themselves too.

Friday, June 22, 2012:
During break at work this day I had the opportunity to share the Gospel with a woman at the Broadway Prominade. Initially I asked if she had any pain or sickness in her body as I saw dried blood near her ear, but said she was healthy. I asked if she knew Jesus and she said "I know him as much as a person can, I guess". I shared about being born again, becoming one with the Spirit of God and receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit. She was thankful and said that she would think about all of what was shared.

While sharing with the above woman, I noticed a man grab a seat on the bench near us so when I finished with her I approached him to ask if he had any pain in his body. He would not look at me and responded somewhat angrily that he had just had surgery and indicated that he was fine. I asked him if he knew God, if he knew Jesus. He didn't respond initially and I noticed his face contort slightly and could tell there was a lot of anger there. I asked again and he got mad, said angrily "Yes I know God! I'm roman catholic!" got up and stormed off in a rage. I thought maybe it was a devil afflicting him so I said to him as he walked away, "I set you free in Jesus' name, be free". I have a feeling I will meet this man again. During the weekend I believe the Lord was sharing with me that he was bound by the lies of lifeless religion, and that he needs the grace and love of Jesus Christ shared with him.

Saturday, June 23, 2012:
We were hanging out at our campsite and I overheard the neighbor speaking on his cell phone. He indicated that he had hurt his back very badly and was going to be heading back and to the hospital soon. A little while later I noticed that they were packing up and about to leave so I got up to go see if I could pray for the man before he left. He was with his son at the back of their camper putting the power cord back into the compartment made for it. He let me pray and after first attempt at commanding the pain to leave and his back to be healed, he didn't report a noticed difference. The situation then started to feel uncomfortable. My friend started over from our site, and he seemed to not want me to continue so much but I tried one more time real quick. I asked him again and there was still no change. I assured him that it would get better shortly and at the same time a woman who I assume was his wife who came out to help him and his son pack up and leave, also came around the camper. She said she had already given him some ibuprofen and seemed to want to protect him from me. It felt like a bit of a battle was going on in the spirit. I returned to my site and kept my trust in Jesus that the man will recover. Believers lay hands on the sick and they recover, Mark 16:18.

Sunday June 24, 2012:
We went to Rainbow Falls for a swim and I got to meet a man who had jumped off the rock into the water but didn't tuck his legs under him and as a result slammed down on the bottom on his feet and somehow caused some pain and swelling on his left shin just under the knee. He let me pray and the pain left right away. I said "That is Jesus." He thanked me and carried on his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment